Nighttime in Rome
A few of us decided that we may as well check out the Roman nightlife. Mang Mario dropped us off near the Piazza Navona, and we decided to get something to eat. The piazza was gorgeous at night; there were street performers (at least one of which was tossing around flaming implements), and the fountains were lit up.
We tried a few different desserts. I ordered the chocolate tartufo which was absolutely divine!
After eating our desserts, we walked a short distance south to the Campo de' Fiori. This is where all the "young people" hang out, and man, was it packed! It was full of people just chilling, smoking, and drinking. Derek and I got these gigantic Heinekens! I later split a sandwich with Ronald and then followed that up with some gelato. Seriously, you couldn't go fifty feet without hitting a gelateria. It was pretty amusing seeing all these people in their clubbing clothes lined up for gelato. They certainly know how to do it right!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home